Advanced Features - Artistic Add-ons
Xjadeo's core functionality - to display a given video frame at a certain point in time - is not only useful for post-production but has applications in media-art installations.
There are two major features which are not enabled by default:
- operations to modify the time-code: multiply (slow-down/speed-up), offset and wrap-around/loop.
- allows to display a sub-section of the image.
Time-scaling adds three additional parameters to modify the displayed frame. They are applied in the following order:
- scale - multiply frame-number (default: 1.0)
- offset - add integer to frame-number (default: 0)
- wraparound - add/subtract (multiples) of movie-length if the current time-stamp is less/above the movie-duration (default: off)
The Panorama mode needs be enabled at compile-time using
./configure --enable-framecrop. When enabled Xjadeo will crop the image width to 50%. The x-offset can be modified with the keyboard, remote control or OSC commands - see the section called «Open Sound Control Interface» and «User Interaction» in the manual.
It is intended to be used with two neighboring movies stitched together:
A B C D AB BC CD DA
To pan across boundaries, the files have to be re-loaded (using OSC or remote-control).
set override remote-control command, it is possible to disable certain key-bindings or window-events and limit user interaction with the monitor window. The value is a bitwise combination of flags:
|1||1||ignore 'Esc' keypress / quit|
|2||2||ignore "window closed by WM" / quit|
|3||4||(osx only) menu-exit / quit|
|4||8||deprecated - unused (was: button 1 / resize)|
|5||16||disable A/V offset control|
|6||32||don't use jack-session|
|7||64||disable jack transport control|
|8||128||disallow sync source change|
|9||256||disallow file open|